PA3399U-2BRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PA3399U-2BRS

PA3399U-2BRS

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Review of Asus Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Review of Asus Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Review of Asus Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card   Review of Asus Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->

INTRODUCTION As usual every new generation of illustrations or photos cards are is produced, the first cards out that can be found are the high conclude cards. In this court case the HD 5870 plus HD 5850. Later these have been followed by the 5770 and 5750 and we'll soon see some budget versions coming out likewise.
The release of a HD 5800 series brought a small number of new technology innovations with it. The "ATI Eyefinity" is mostly a technology which enables a single card to support nearly 6 monitors. "ATI Stream" will allow for GPU accelerated calculations, OpenCL gives you us parallel GPU-CPU processing. However, the most important update would be the support for DirectX 11 which inside of it incorporates full support with Windows 7. This time period around, Microsoft promises that the update of the DirectX API means an immediate increase of the ratio regarding the graphical quality and the installation of system resources.
AMD says their new GPU do 2. 7 TFLOPS, which really doesn't say much of what the GPU performs like in real life (gaming) situations, but it does tell us it to be truly a very highly effective data processor. The manufacturing technology becomes down to 40nm, that will mean less power drinking and heat development. Debating the power consumption, AMD now promises of the fact that max consumption will not exceed 190W in full load and in nonproductive mode the card will not likely surpass 27W. If this is correct it a big improvement when compared to their previous generation involving cards.
ASUS EAH5850 STANDARDS OK, enough rambling about lots of the new technologies and promises on the new AMD series, listed here the hard facts on the Asus HD 5850 unit card:
ASUS EAH5850 (Radeon GAME ENTHUSIASTS 5850) GPU Radeon HIGH-DEFINITION 5850 Manufacturing technology 40nm Approach processors 1440 Texture systems 72 ROPs 32 GPU full speed 725MHz Memory 1GB GDDR5 Ram speed 1000MHz (4Gbps) Coach 256bits Memory bandwidth 128GB/s Cool system Reference, double slot Video making a profit D-Sub (adapter included) couple of DVI-I HDMI DisplayPort That will work with HDCP Yes Compatibility by using CrossFireX Yes External capability 2 x 6 pin PCIe Maximum consumption 170W Supported technologies DirectX 11, DirectX 10. 1, Shader Device 4. 1, UVD some, ATI Stream, ATI PowerPlay, ATI Eyefinity, ASUS Fantastic, ASUS Gamer OSD, ASUS Sharp Doctor, Voltage Tweak
Asus hasn't added any physical alternations using this card; it is basically Asus' version of the generic AMD 5850. However Asus has several software tools which help us overclockers to reach the maximum potential about this card; the "Gamer OSD" in addition to "Smart Doctor". This last application will likely be most useful since it we can play with the voltage of your core.
ASUS EAH5850, FIRST IMPRESSIONS The card will be a nice looking card board box with many aggressive printing on that. As is customary having graphics cards, ASUS pushes quite a lot on the overclocking gear. Also, the bundle (EAH5850/2DIS/1GD5) includes golf DIRT 2. When I opened the box, I almost got a small amount of Apple feeling for a moment when I saw the black cover considering the Asus logo in rare metal. Underneath the cover I stumbled upon two boxes. The bigger box contained the illustrations or photos card itself, enfolded because of a standard anti static cosmetic bag and protected by way of white foam plastic stuff. The other box safely contained the accessories.
<! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->

<! --
AB_pos = "intext";
AB_lang = "en";
AB_cat_channel = "0016438529, inches;
AB_path = "http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/";
information. write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/gads/controller3. js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//-->

google_ad_channel = "7940249670, inches + AB_cat_channel + AB_unit_channel;
google_language = "en";
google_ad_region = 'test';

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
Excepting the DIRT 2 adventure (digital download, no DVD), I wasn't overly impressed through accessories; CDs with drivers and applications; a produced manual; a power adapter (2 molex to 1 x 6 pin PCIe), a DVI-VGA adapter along with CrossFireX bridge.
ASUS EAH5850 INTIMATELY My first impression was so it really looks powerful with its red and black complete. The card faithfully ensues the AMD reference card in every one aspects. This is an enormous card, the length is 240 mm and it also takes up two spots. The fan is your 70mm and I hope you will not regret bee too noisy, but looking at a rather small air exhaust behind card, I don't feel overly positive.
The front on the card holds two 6 pin PCIe connectors which would theoretically provide 150W towards card. Although I wanted to use the cooler off and get a closer brows through the PCB I decided to release that intention since I would have to loosen a multitude of screws and it was impossible to clear away only the housing lacking also clearing the much cooler itself, which felt too risky. A great item about &lt; a rel="nofollow" onclick="javascript: _gaq. push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/article_exit_link/3174234']); inches href="http: //www. pcdriverhelper. com"&gt; AMDs cutting edge cards&lt; /a&gt; is the connectivity. They include two DVI-I, a HDMI along with DisplayPort. With the ATI Eyefinity technological know-how, it is possible to utilise 3 monitors simultaneously because of this card, not bad.
GREAT TEST SYSTEM OK, so here comes the all the list the hardware components I for this test:
Test apparatus Processor AMD Phenom II x2 550@3. 9GHz Cooler Zalman CNPS9900A LED Motherboard ASUS Crosshair III Formulates Graphics card ASUS EAH5850 Good card Integrated Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 2脳2GB (7-7-7-21) Harddisk Samsung SP2504C (SATA II, 7200rmp, 8MB) Power Zalman ZM660-XT Box Cooler Master 690 cm CLEAN
Operating system and software Main system Windows 7 64bits Procedure drivers BIOS 0805 Switch 9. 10 DirectX Aug 2009 Benchmarks 3D Bench mark 06 3D Mark Vantage Furmark 1. 7 Unigine Heaven Benchmark Games Earphones Remnant Tom Clancy麓s Hawx Streets Fighter IV They make your home Evil V Weak May possibly Cry 4 Stalker Transparent Sky WEAPON 2 Officers' Club of Revolutionary Armed forces Cry 2 Crysis Warhead Various other software CPU-Z 1. 42 tommers sk?rm GPU-Z 0. 4. 5 OCCT 3. 1
And additionally here's the screenshots connected with my configuration: The main changes around my test setup are that i have included the benchmark software "Unigine Heaven" along with removed Lightsmark 2008. The reason behind for this is so it enables me to check the difference in functionality between DirectX 10 and DirectX 11.
BENCHMARKING RESULTS I'm going to not compare these leads to the result I have obtained in previous graphics cards reviews since my test system is updated. I was very fascinated with what the performance comparing between DirectX 10 not to mention DirectX 11 would make. As you can see with the graphs above the success were opposite of what I had put together expected, the performance was actually lower with DirectX 11 as compared with with DirectX 10.
GAMING TESTS I It's always interesting to note which the performance remains high although adding filters. This is an issue that AMD has corrected from their previous series which in fact suffered when filters ended up added. Otherwise, same in this article; the performance is top notch but I will in no way make any direct side by side somparisons to previous reviews.
GAMING TESTS II No cost batch of games comes with more demanding games for the reason that usual. This test clearly shows that the EAH5850 has a large amount of power under the hood therefore was only in two games where FPS rate didn't have steady above 30 FPS with peak settings.
OVERCLOCKING, REFRIGERATION AND CONSUMPTION Relating to the packaging, Asus emphasized the "Voltage Tweaking" which is certainly done with the Asus Great Doctor software which also lets us modify the frequencies of the core and memories. It's a dream cooperate with Asus' tool for overclocking the card and it's impressive just how far this card is often clocked. The cooling system for the card is very useful. The fan is deafening at full power although mostly it didn't bother me a rediculous amount of. I measured the total power use of my system in idle mode and in full load, here are the results: Clearly the difference is enormous and it must be since AMD's PowerPlay products has drastically diminished the electricity consumption in 2D.
OVERCLOCKING CONSEQUENCES OK, so here are classified as the results from the overclocking testing: The increase in typically the 3D Mark Vantage was truly impressive and this also is also confirmed because of the increase of 6 FRAMES PER SECOND in Far Cry 2 additionally, the increase is there with filters enabled in addition.
CONCLUSIONS I must first praise AMD with the work they have finished this card. It is both energy efficient as well as a high performer, very impressive. Asus has taken AMDs a blueprint design and added a large amount of value to it because of their smart technologies and software tools. The main advantage on this Asus card is of course its overclocking abilities which might be nothing short of brilliant. ASUS EAH5850 is already on discount sales at a price that oscillates concerning the $270 and $300, which is certainly very competitive given the nation's performance, overclocking abilities and the advantage that it includes DIRT couple of.

聽 <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://pa3399u-2brs.forumotion.com

Review of Asus Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PA3399U-2BRS :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: